Option 1 - Chromecast Device
Option 2 - Apple TV (you can stream from your iPhone or your Mac to Apple TV)
Option 3 - Smart TV
Option 4 - A TV and laptop with a HDMI port and a HDMI cable
Option 1 Chromecast
Before setting this up, please make sure you have Chromecast Device and not a device for Chromecast Audio.
Click on the following link for Google's Chromecast instructions: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6006232?hl=en
Option 2 Apple TV
To stream from your iPhone onto your Apple TV
1. On your iPhone, open the Control Center (You can do this by swiping up from the bottom of your screen)
2. Tap the AirPlay mirroring symbol (this looks like a TV screen with a triangle at the bottom)
3. You may be prompted to enter a password (the password to enter will display on your TV)
4. On your phone, open your preferred browser and go to Kanikani's live-stream link, to take you to the class and log in as you usually would. Your phone's screen will be duplicated on Apple TV.
To stream from your Mac onto Apple TV:
1. On your Mac, select AirPlay from the menu bar, which is located on the top right corner and looks like a TV screen with a triangle on the bottom.
2. Select Apple TV from the drop-down list
3. Open Safari and then go to live-stream link to the class and log in as usual.
Option 3 Smart TV:
The instructions can vary depending on your TV brand and model. However, generally the set up is:
1. Go to the browser on your smart TV, and type in kanikani.org in the address line
2. Click on the Kanikani image that says 'click here' and log in as usual
TIP: Make sure to save this in your favorites for next time so you don't have to type it in again!
Option 4 TV and Laptop with a HDMI port and a HDMI Cable
1. Connect your laptop and TV using a HDMI cable
2. On your TV remote, change the Source to HDMI (this could be HDMI1 or HDMI2)
3. On your laptop the easiest option is to duplicate your screens